Hello my beautiful doves! It is time to share my July wrap-up and August TBR..
ARCs & Gifted
- Come Closer by Sara Gran – ★★★★★
- Marilou is Everywhere by Sarah Elaine Smith – ★★★★
- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston – ★★★★★
- Build Your House Around My Body by Violet Kupersmith – ★★★★★
- Cool for the Summer by Dahlia Adler – ★★¾
- The Wolf and the Woodsman by Ava Reid – ★★★★★
- Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco – ★★★★
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi – ★★★★★
- The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake – ★★★★★
- Total books read: 9
- Total pages read: 3k
- Average rating: 4.54
I am honestly so satisfied in my reading month for July! I have been very busy, so I am happy I was able to fit a good mix in. Even happier that they were all mostly 4-5 star reads!
Did you read any of these books? What was your favourite July read?
As always, I plan to take part in readathons. I just like making TBRs to be honest..
Read Your TBRathon
|read a book chosen by someone else||the ones we’re meant to find by joan he|
|read a tiny book (under 200 pages)||adorable by ida marie hede|
|finish a book with a one word title||animal by lisa taddeo|
|read a book you started but never finished||painting time by maylis de kerangal|
|read a book that has 3 colours or more on the cover||no such thing as perfect by emma hughes|
|read a book that starts with ‘the’||the maidens by alex michaelides|
|read a translated book||after the sun by jonas eika|
|read a five stars prediction||small favors by erin a. craig|
|read a book that’s outside your comfort zone||cursed bunny by bora chung|
Women in Translation Month
I am not sure where this is hosted or how it started, but every August the book community reads translated novels written by women. Most publishers with a focus on translating novels celebrate this every year. Below are the books I plan to read.
- Adorable by Ida Marie Hede
- Painting Time by Maylis de Kerangal
- Cursed Bunny by Bora Chung
August Blog Tours
- Afterlove by Tanya Byrne – Aug 3
- She Who Became the Sun by Shelley Parker-Chan – Aug 4
- The Turnout by Megan Abbott – Aug 6
- The Silence of Scheherazade by Defne Suman – Aug 31
Book Club Picks & Buddy Reads
- The Maidens by Alex Michaelides – Wilted Rose Book Club
- The Waves by Virginia Woolf – Wellness Book Club
- Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982 by Cho Nam-ju – Sad Twenty-Something Book Club
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – Buddy Read w/Joana
- From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout – Buddy Read w/Lauren
There are of course other books I want to read, but these are mainly what I hope to get through!
What are you most excited to read this month?
we are all stardust and stories…