Hello my beautiful doves! I have decided to combine my wrap-up and tbr into one post moving forward. It is just easier that way. I had a decent reading month but I wish I could have gotten through more. Luckily we are starting with a fresh slate in June and I am taking part in multiple readathons! They always tend to motivate me to read more. Let’s get to it!
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid – ★★★★
- From Little Tokyo, With Love by Sarah Kuhn – ★★★★
- To the Warm Horizon by Choi Jin-young – ★★★★
- Hang the Moon by Alexandria Bellefleur – ★★★★★
- You and Me on Vacation by Emily Henry – ★★★★★
- A Dowry of Blood by S. T. Gibson – ★★★★★
- In the Ravenous Dark by A. M. Strickland – ★★★.75
- Know My Name by Chanel Miller – ★★★★★
- Total books read: 8
- Total pages read: 2.7k
- Average rating: 4.53
The books I read were of quality, but I was hoping to read at least 10 books in May. As always, I don’t beat myself up too much about it. I am happy with my month for the most part. I only regret I wasn’t able to complete the #AsianReadathon. I read 3/5 of the books, so at least I read more than half. I do plan to read the other two as soon as I can!
Did you read any of these books? What was your favourite May read?
I plan to just mood read for these three readathons. I have so many books to choose from that I am able to do that. So I will just share the different announcements and let you know in the wrap-up what book went towards which readathon.
Translated Fiction June Readathon
Sapphic Pride Read-Along
I have SO MANY books I want to and need to get to this month. It is the last month where I have so many publisher commitments and arcs releasing. Luckily, there are a lot of readathons to help keep me motivated!
- Last Girls by Demetra Brodsky — 7/6
- Unbreak Your Heart by Katie Marsh — 8/6
- Sorrowland by Rivers Solomon — 11/6
- Imperfect Alchemist by Naomi Miller — 23/6
- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
- Seven Days in June by Tia Williams
- Fracture by Andres Neuman
- Ace of Spades by Àbíké-Íyímídé
- Blood Like Magic by Liselle Sambury
- The Mad Women’s Ball by Victoria Mas
- Love and Fury by Samantha Silva
- Darling by K. Ancrum
- Violeta Among the Stars by Dulce Maria Cardoso
- The Mismatch by Sara Jafari
- The Bone Way by Holly J. Underhill
Book Clubs/Buddy Reads
- The Beautiful Ones by Silvia Moreno-Garcia — Wilted Rose Book Club
- Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi — Wellness Book Club
- Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco — Buddy Read w/Lauren
- Painting Time by Maylis de Kerangal
- How Do We Know We’re Doing It Right? by Pandora Sykes
- All Men Want to Know by Nina Bouraoui
- The Marks Left on Her by Di Lebowitz
- Lonely Castle in the Mirror by Mizuki Tsujimura
- Pop Song by Larissa Pham
- Lakesedge by Lyndall Clipstone
I’m sure you can see what I mean now about being able to mood read from my tbr. Obviously I will not get to all of these. I will be happy if I reach 10! That was my goal last month. I hope to reach and possibly surpass it this month. As I am writing this, I already read one of them and halfway through another. So this is a promising start! What book are you looking forward to this month? Do you see any books here you are interested in? Let me know!
we are all stardust and stories…