It is time for my first wrap-up of the year! I didn’t start off as strong as I had hoped, but I am satisfied with my reading month considering my busy schedule. Let’s just dive in!
Book Clubs & Buddy Reads
- Literary Love Book Club hosted by Brooke
The Roommate by Rosie Danan – ★★.5
- Tea Time Reads hosted by Tea Time Lit (+Buddy Read w/Lauren)
These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong – in progress
**I waited for the audiobook which released the last week of January! Will finish this week.
- The Jane Austen Book Club hosted by Yasmin
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen – in progress
**The deadline is Feb 10, so I still have time!
- Buddy Read w/Eema
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde – ★★★★★
- Buddy Read w/Cossette from Tea Time Lit + Quinn from Pages of Quinn
Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid – in progress
**I got about a third of the way through.. I have become such a slow physical reader ever since I got into audiobooks! So, unfortunately, I had to set it down to listen to some other books I had deadlines for with publishers since Malibu Rising isn’t out until May. I am enjoying it immensely, though!
- Lie, Lie Again by Stacy Wise – ★★★
- The Prom by Saundra Mitchell – ★★★
- The Innkeeper’s Daughter by Bianca M. Schwarz – ★★★
- Tarnished Empire by Danielle L. Jensen – ★★★★
I participated in two readathons this month. Unfortunately, I failed.. But I had lots of fun! The readathons were:
- Total books read: 6
- Total pages read: 1.75k+
- Average rating: 3.33
Like I stated before, I am happy with my reading month. Do I wish I read more? Yes. But this year, we are taking it slow and not worrying too much about the numbers. Tell me how many books you read last month or what your favorite book was! My favorite was The Picture of Dorian Gray.
Well, today is my birthday! So I am off to go celebrate..
Thank you for reading ♥
we are all stardust and stories…