New year, new reading goals!
I had a very successful 2020 reading wise. I think it is because I had no concrete goals set up for that year. Maybe knowing I had no big goal to meet, I was able to read without pressure. This year, I want to get specific. Let’s see if that ruins my momentum..
2021 Reading Goals
- Read 120+ books
—I read 108 last year, and that was without me trying to. I think 120 is a reasonable goal, but I won’t beat myself up if I can’t reach it.
- Read at least 1 book a month from my Goodreads tbr that was added before 2018
—My tbr is so huge and a lot are from before 2018. I want to start clearing out that tbr and delete books I am no longer interested in.
- Reach and maintain a Netgalley ratio of 80%
—My ratio is currently around 55%. I plan to read a lot of my arc this month!
- Read a book from my physical tbr every month
—Thankfully there isn’t too much, since I tend to buy physical books AFTER reading and loving it.
- Write and post at least 4 book reviews on my blog per month
—This will help me prioritize arcs and stay active.
- Read books with more diversity and poc authors
—I feel I am definitely doing this already, but I can always read more and promote them!
These are it for my main goals. I also want to participate in book clubs and more buddy reads! But I will do that as opportunities present themselves. What are some of your goals?
This is the release month of a lot of my arcs! So this is going to be quite a busy month. I also have lots of buddy reads and a couple book clubs!
*=arc, ♥=book club/buddy read
- Lie, Lie Again by Stacy Wise *
- The Ravens by Danielle Paige & Kass Morgan *
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde ♥
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen ♥
- Lava Red Feather Blue by Molly Ringle *
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid ♥
- Burn Our Bodies Down by Rory Power *
- Fable by Adrienne Young *
- These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong ♥
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro *
- The Innkeeper’s Daughter by Biance M. Schwarz *
- All the Tides of Fate by Adalyn Grace *
- Tarnished Empire by Danielle L. Jensen*
- The Roommate by Rosie Danan ♥
After putting it all together like this, I now realize I have 14 books on my tbr.. Wish me luck!
What are you reading this month?
we are all stardust and stories…